- An immediate increase in the minimum wage to £6 per hour
as a step towards the European Decency Threshold of £8 per
Abolition of the youth exemptions.
Trade union action to enforce these minimum rates.
For a 35 hour week without loss in pay.
Full employment protection rights from day one of employment.
Scrap the anti-trade union laws.
Reject Welfare to Work; for the right to decent benefits, training
or a job without compulsion.
the sell off of schools, hospitals and other services.
- Scrap student fees - for a living grant.
No backdoor privatisation of services through Public Finance Initiatives
or Public Private Partnership or other schemes.
Bring back into public ownership industry, land and services that
have been sold.
Provide adequate funding of all public services to meet need.
Run public bodies democratically through elected governing bodies,
with majority representation given to those who work in them and
the communities they serve.
- No to the attack on pension entitlement.
- No increase in the retirement age.
- For a living state pension available to all - with annual increases
linked to average earnings.
- Scrap the proposal to introduce separate water charges.
No water privatisation.
Full support for the We Won't Pay Campaign's call for a mass campaign
of non payment if charges are introduced.
- A complete end to all forms of discrimination, whether on the
grounds of religion, race, sex, sexuality, or disability.
Free nursery and creche facilities.
Equal pay and equality of opportunity for women.
racism & homophobia
- For mass community action to stop the racist attacks and the attacks
on gays and other minorities.
the trade unions
- Build the lefts in the unions.
Trade unions must be democratically controlled by the membership.
Full time officials should be regularly elected and paid the average
wage of those they represent.
- Build a real peace process based on uniting the working class
communities, not on bringing discredited politicians together.
Joint trade union and community action to counter all forms of sectarianism.
An end to all activity by all paramilitaries, loyalist and republican.
Complete demilitarisation - establish genuine policing services
that are locally based and under the control of democratically elected
The conflict cannot be resolved on a capitalist basis - for the
building of a mass political party capable of uniting the working
class in the struggle for a socialist solution.
For a socialist Ireland as part of a free and voluntary socialist
federation of Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales
the bosses EU
- For solidarity action by the working class across Europe.
- For a socialist confederation of European states established on
a free and voluntary basis.
- Capitalism is capable only of delivering poverty, environmental
destruction and war.
We need an international struggle against this system and its effects.
Take the major finance houses and the 500 largest companies into
public ownership and place them under the democratic control and
management of the working class.
Build a socialist world in which the resources of the planet are
used to satisfy the needs of the mass of the people, not the thirst
for profit of a tiny minority of super rich.